Head of Product Operations
San Francisco, CA, United States
Are you looking for an opportunity to exercise your operational skills to influence and shape a large organization and product portfolio? We are scaling to new heights of growth in every dimension and are looking for an experienced leader to own and drive operational excellence.
This is a high visibility, high impact role working in a fast-paced environment with exceptional industry leaders, across multiple product teams, and influence a large organization while driving cross-team & cross-functional alignment.
Reporting to the CPO, the Head of Product Operations will coordinate and prioritize all operational aspects of the global product team. Working closely with the CPO and the product leadership team to drive the priorities for the business, this leader will work through critical issues, document and set shared goals with cross-functional organizational leaders, and accumulate required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making. The person will be very proficient in product management processes, crafting executive reports, presentations and communication for the executive leadership team.
- Drive Operational Excellence
- Provide support in the area of product strategy, planning and execution, creating presentations to explain process initiatives both to executives, product leadership and broader product organization.
- Own and drive the Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) including tools such as Productboard. Work with Product Marketing to finalize product hierarchy and SKUs.
- Use strong leadership and problem solving skills to assist with the daily operation of the product organization.
- Manage the operational planning calendar, ensure the product team is on-track and coordinate stakeholder reviews, ultimately resulting in timely delivery of product.
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring results are achieved. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs.
- Be a key bridge between leadership and the rest of the product organization, conveying and ensuring successful communication and implementation of critical initiatives.
- Identify and tackle ad-hoc strategic projects from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives and closing the gaps within the product team.
- Create organization-wide framework / reporting that can help supervise, measure and analyze performance.
- Ensure all product communications are coordinated, and support product objectives.
- Manage training initiatives for the product organization.
- Act as liaison between the CPO and other executives, constituents and customers to ensure consistent communication, involvement and decision-making, and escalations as needed.
- Ensure properly defined goals and metrics
- Help to create and then coordinate all high-level product goals and accountable owners with milestones, checkpoints and deliverables.
- Drive Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) for each product line in the portfolio to ensure translation from high level goals to customer centric objectives and specific criteria / tasks to achieve them.
- Support product leadership with escalations wrt resource / goal mismatch
- Support Operational Reviews
- Own monthly/quarterly operational review templates, and schedule reviews to track and measure performance wrt team goals
- Support strategic initiatives as product liaison by coordinating / providing requested information
- Follow Up with product leadership and other stakeholders on action items from QBRs to ensure timely execution. Solicit and implement executive and stakeholder feedback on QBR agenda / format.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in product management.
- Experience with project and program management, working with multiple teams.
- Strong understanding of all areas of product management: ideation, discovery / technical feasibility, product planning stages, agile development / scrum processes and tools, managing beta programs, knowledge of go-to-market activities, and communications.
- Product management proficiency / leadership experience and/or reporting to CPO. Technical product background is a plus. Ability to understand the concepts will be highly valuable to effectively working with cross-functional teams.
- Critical Thinking. Passion for operational excellence in enterprise product management, and SaaS business models.
- Experience influencing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build a business case.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Executive-level written and visual presentation skills. Demonstrated data-driven insights.
- Ability to turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear goals via iterative, collaborative approach.
- Financial and Budget Management
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of *San Francisco*
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.