Senior UX / UI Designer
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
What you'll get to do...
Join our growing Creative Labs team as a senior UX / UI designer and take a leading role in shaping the customer-first future for multiple global hosting brands.
You will be working across core systems to deliver industry-leading user experience and visual design for a myriad of brands, including GoDaddy Pro, 123 Reg, Host Europe, Domain Factory, Media Temple, tsoHost and more.
You will be contributing to a robust, though evolving, design system at the heart of our eComm platform, built in-house from the ground up to consolidate technology and improve usability and accessibility across all customer touchpoints.
The role will see you working across a range of projects and helping to craft meaningful experiences for our customers. Common activities will include:
- Proactively identifying areas of improvement, concepting potential approaches and workshopping ideas with team members and stakeholders alike.
- Creating, evolving and documenting new and existing elements of our design system.
- Providing guidance and assistance for other design teams within the organisation, as well as our own.
- Creating prototypes & carrying out usability testing to provide insight & evidence for your approach
Your experience should include...
- Significant industry experience (e-commerce in particular)
- Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, Photoshop
- The right candidate will be able to demonstrate outstanding attention to detail, visual design of the highest quality throughout all phases of a project.
- You will be proactive and enthusiastic. You can deliver intuitive, engaging and appealing designs across responsive breakpoints and can demonstrate a solid understanding of UX best practices. You’re confident to articulate decisions and be proud of your work, whilst understanding the context of wider team goals.
- You can communicate the value and functionality in design and you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with little oversight and with many stakeholders.
- You will have a stunning portfolio showcasing interaction and user-centred visual design excellence, and examples of where you have taken a leading role on research initiatives to inform design.
- You’ll have great communication skills, both verbal and written and experience supporting and coaching members of the team with practical advice and guidance.
- You will have a logical and proficient approach to your work, thinking laterally to provide solutions that meet the business needs of the brands while maintaining design integrity.
- You will enjoy working on evolving products from MVP upwards, being happy to revisit work as projects evolve, responding to feedback from our brands, technical considerations and such like.
You might also have...
- Jira or a similar workload prioritisation tool
- Coding skills are an advantage, e.g. HTML5, CSS, JS
We've got your back...
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days total per annum)
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Casual dress code
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- A dedicated, training program
- Great opportunity for advancement within the company across a variety of roles
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.