Product Designer, Search
New York City
We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Product Management, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great products. Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to build simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use. As the designer on our Search team, you’ll be responsible for setting the vision, strategy and roadmap. This is a brand new team, so you’ll be instrumental in leading how the team operates and how the culture is formed. There’s a huge opportunity here for a designer, who enjoys big, complicated challenges, to define how search works across the entire product. Beyond search, you’ll drive the vision for how our customers explore and find the work that’s happening across Asana, through insights, dashboards, portfolios and more. You will be leading this work as an advocate for our customers. You will collaborate with a growing cross functional team, and through your work, have a direct impact on improving the lives of teams, and their leaders, that use Asana.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of net new features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Work through product problems from opportunity and definition to shipping features to our customers
- Be actively involved in defining the vision and strategy for your program team as a key contributor to defining your program’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments
- Influence the direction of your program by identifying and defining new feature opportunities
- Collaborate across teams to drive quality, consistency and innovation in the product.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use design, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique and present work regularly in product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner closely with engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 6+ years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Experience designing digital apps and systems; you have built product solutions from scratch and iterated on existing solutions
- Clearly communicate design work with solid rationale informed by research and data
- A driven self-starter, experienced in taking ownership of the direction of ambiguous projects. Excited about collaborating and building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, User Research, and Product Management
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from discovery and problem definition to detailed UX and visual design
- A champion of the user, you connect directly with customers and actively participate in user research, ensuring that designs are informed by research and data to shape the future of our product
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch and Figma
- Able to understand and adhere to a design system, and challenge and contribute to it when necessary
- Strong aptitude for building prototypes at various fidelity using tools like Framer, Principle, Figma or whatever you like to use that gets the job done.
- Enjoy mentoring team members, and leading by example to help other designers adopt best practices
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.