Product Manager, Safety Tools
Posted 1 month ago
Reddit is looking for a product manager to lead our Safety Tools roadmap out of our San Francisco headquarters. You will be joining the Safety team as a product manager working closely with engineering, enforcement, and threat analyst teams to envision and build a portfolio of intelligent tools for our operations teams to enforce Reddit’s content and community policies at scale.
Often referred to as the “front page of the internet,” Reddit is a vast network of communities where millions of people go every day to share and discuss the most interesting content online. With over 430 million monthly users, Reddit is home to the largest and most passionate communities for almost every interest under the sun—from news and politics to beauty, sports, gaming and more.
Reddit has raised $600m in private financing from Tencent, Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, SV Angel, Y Combinator, Coatue Management, and others. Their last round of financing was a D round of $300m that valued the business at $3B. Reddit has 600+ employees and is based in San Francisco, California.
- Lead development and execution of the Reddit Safety Tools roadmap with the goal of enabling Reddit’s operational teams to moderate at scale
- Work closely with our Safety platform team, ops enforcement teams, and threat detection team to define intelligent tools
- Prioritize roadmap goals against Reddit’s business strategy
- Drive cross functional planning across Safety teams, feature teams as well as with internal business and partnerships teams, who are the primary liaison to external partners
- Manage the full product lifecycle, independently own specifications for all platform capabilities, driving development and execution, and delivering successful features to market.
What we expect from you
- A strong desire to improve user safety and inclusiveness on one of the largest social platforms on the internet
- 3+ years of product management experience with experience in policy or trust & safety teams a plus
- Ability to track and communicate complex projects across functional groups
- Exceptionally strong internal stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable track record of driving significant cross-organizational solutions to closure
- Technical knowledge to work with engineering to deliver solutions when faced with a new challenge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the minutia
- Define team goals and success metrics for our Safety tools to ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit’s wider business objectives
- Located in San Francisco