Senior Manager of Product/Growth Marketing
Redwood City, CA
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
The Senior Manager of Product/Growth Marketing will lead Epic’s efforts to effectively communicate with our target audiences: parents, teachers and children under age 12.
What you will be doing
- Own positioning and messaging for our product set, including launches and engagement campaigns.
- Develop strategic positioning of Epic service with deep knowledge of direct and indirect competitors.
- In close collaboration with Product and Design teams, identify opportunities to drive growth with self-perpetuating “flywheel” user interactions such as referral loops, content/notification loops, etc.
- Lead with the other members of the marketing team to execute and manage campaign performance to drive new features and product adoption.
- Understand our audience, our products, and our business strategies
- Partner with the analytics and product teams to assess customer needs through surveys, interviews, analysis of product usage.
- Leverage your understanding of our clients to propose new messaging, marketing channels and tactics for growing across our products
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing and/or growth marketing with a focus on national-level consumer brands.
- Ability to operate as both a manager and a contributor. Participate in setting product marketing strategies while also executing key elements of the strategy.
- Experience building growth-driving campaigns that use both marketing and in-product touch points: Email, push notifications, web marketing, content development, referral and sharing programs, etc.
- Strategic thinking, ability to size opportunities to inform prioritization of team efforts
- Mastery of Product Marketing frameworks and strategies. Comfort moving quickly to deliver messaging and positioning with limited available information, and evolving over time.
- Experience working with user research and analytics teams to develop user segmentation/personae and differentiate messaging to them.
- Experience making Product Marketing function an indispensable partner to Product, Marketing and Design teams. Ability to design and implement process improvements that make product marketing come to life consistently across user touch points.
- Organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and passionate. A self-starter who is eager to share new ideas and try new things amid shifting priorities and imperfect information.
- Collaborative, team-first mindset.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with our target audience: Educators, parents, and children age 12 and under.
- Experience marketing content or services for educational or entertainment use (books, games, videos, etc.).
- Passion for helping kids of all backgrounds and abilities learn and grow.
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Take as you need vacation
- Home office stipend
- Lifestyle allowance
- In office perks (virtual for now)
- Unlimited access to our product!