Senior UX Engineer, Events
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Who we are:The Events team is responsible for the features and infrastructure that collect, process, and observe data flowing through Segment. We provide the core of the Segment product experience. We’re currently designing new methods for our customers to connect data to Segment, and new tools to analyze and debug Segment implementations. The design team is looking for an experienced UX engineer to collaborate closely with our Events Pillar Design Lead and help bring high-fidelity mockups to life. This role is unique in that you will be an integral partner to the design team — helping validate, ship, and iterate on business-critical product ideas that bring delight to our customers If you’re passionate about great user experience, rapid prototyping, technical products, design tooling, and being a part of the end-to-end product development lifecycle, we’d love to hear from you!
A little about us:
- We enjoy building UIs in React so much that we created and open sourced our own component library: Evergreen
- We believe in using the best tool for the job and incorporating an amazing developer experience.
- We deploy our code multiple times per day.
- We love conferences (one of our engineers spoke in 4 different countries last year!)
- We love open source: https://open.segment.com
- We’re proud of the code we write, but we’re not dogmatic about methodologies or techniques. We believe building the right thing is more important than building things right. However, we take our customers’ dependence on our systems very seriously and strive to build highly performant and reliable software that are parts of our customers’ core infrastructure.
Who we're looking for:
- Build rich, robust user interfaces using React, Typescript, and GraphQL
- Rapidly iterate on new product prototypes
- Uphold a high quality bar for the experiences that you will build
- Implement complex interface designs with attention to micro-interactions, animations, and other fine-grain details
- Optimize for browser rendering performance
- Contribute novel components and UI patterns to our open source component library, Evergreen
- Collaborate closely with design, helping steer product requirements and the final product deliverable
Projects you will work on:
- Building beautiful, performant data visualizations that help customers better debug their Segment instrumentation set-up.
- Creating novel tools to help other engineers build performant user interfaces.
- Contributing new UI patterns and compositions back to our component library, Evergreen.
- 2+ years of front-end or UI engineering experience building, running, and debugging web applications using modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
- A strong sense of design, and appetite for rapidly prototyping interfaces.
- A passion for technical products, and building performant interfaces
Job tags: Angular Engineering Front-end Open Source Prototypes React User experience
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere