Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA, United States
Lead Product Designer (San Francisco, CA, United States)
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design and create graphics in support of Ripple products and services using a variety of mediums.
- Prototype global payment user experiences for financial institutions from start to finish, owning all aspects of the user experience, including strategy, architecture, interaction design, and visual design.
- Drive forward the design of a brand-new global payments product in a well-established startup with innovative concepts, user flows, screen flows and detailed design specs, closely collaborating with other designers, product managers, documentation writers, and a fast-moving team of developers.
- Facilitate requirements discussions with stakeholders and create alignment on design solutions.
- Approach designs from a systems perspective, developing patterns that get adopted by others.
- Establish UX best practices for the product, and evangelize them both internally and with our customers.
- Perform research with users of the product and internal subject matter experts and create deliverables that drive user empathy like user journey maps and user profiles/personas.
- Champion design thinking and user-centric practices across the company that improve the design of Ripple products and services.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Must have a Master’s degree in Design, Graphic Design, or related field of study plus three (3) years of experience in innovative design and problem solving approaches for products that solve complex business problems.
Of the required experience, must have 3 years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- Designing products and experiences for multiple users and contexts;
- Enterprise or B2B;
- Leading a product design project from ideation and conception to execution;
- Data visualization;
- Information design;
- Icon design;
- Applying progressive fidelity in design deliverables, starting from storyboarding, wireframing, and information architecture and progressing to high impact visuals; and
- At least 3 of the following user research and data-driven design applying techniques: user interviews, usability testing, user journey mapping, contextual inquiry, and/or product data analysis.
Of the required experience, must have 3 years of experience in each of the following skills (which may be gained concurrently):
- Axure RP;
- Adobe Creative Suite;
- Adobe After Effects;
- CSS; and,
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.