Sr. Analyst, Growth Marketing
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of eCommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
The Poshmark data analytics team is looking for a senior data analyst to drive insights and analytics to for the Growth Marketing team. You will have a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge growth initiatives in an evolving and growing social eCommerce industry. You will have opportunities to proactively identify and drive new data initiatives and shape the growth roadmap.
This person will be focussed on providing analytics support and data insights to various Growth teams.
Day to day work will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of Growth at Poshmark by partnering with key business stakeholders to identify, measure and monitor trends for various Growth KPIs
- Communicate actionable insights to stakeholders and maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings and growth opportunities
- Perform extensive QA to ensure the quality and integrity of data. Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with the appropriate Data teams to close any data issues
- Identify the opportunities for automated reporting and monitoring by working with the Data Engineering team to get the automation implemented.
- Analyze customer behavior and test various hypotheses in order to identify areas of opportunity and provide data-driven recommendations to improve overall customer engagement and retention.
- Test the effectiveness and efficiency of various growth initiatives and programs
- 2-5 years of business analysis experience. Experience in Growth is a big plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in a technical discipline. Education in business or analytics discipline is a plus
- Technical Skills
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Excel. Exposure and familiarity with Python, R, Spark SQL preferred
- Hands-on experience with Tableau, Looker or similar BI tool strongly preferred
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts with emphasis on statistical hypothesis testing (t-tests, z-tests, etc.)
- Experience with statistical techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, time series forecasting, decision trees, etc. preferred but not required
- Soft Skills
- Detail oriented and expert in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Experience creating presentations in MS PowerPoint or a similar tool
- Strong business acumen with aptitude to apply it critically towards solving problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S. and Canada is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.