Product Marketing Director
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration Platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform, to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms.
About the role
We’re looking to grow our product marketing team to align with the sophistication and expansion of our product portfolio. This role sits on the Drift marketing team and reports to our VP of Product Marketing, Xabier Ormazabal.
Drift created the category of Conversational Marketing, and are now developing the category of Revenue Acceleration Platform. Now the exciting work begins, which includes continuing to lead the market through the creation of a narrative, product messaging and positioning, as well as engagement with customers, the media, and analysts to grow the overall category.
Our ideal candidate loves product marketing because they love being at the center of the business. In this role you will work with product to help define our offerings and build messaging to help inspire customers and prospects to want to learn more. You will also work with the internal marketing teams to develop messaging from thought leadership down to feature details that can be used across all our marketing tactics, whether those are online or in 1:1 conversations delivered by our sales team.
You will help deliver best in class product marketing for Drift, by doing the following:
- Develop creative ideas that shape our customer engagement, GTM and internal evangelism that are differentiated and help position Drift as a leader.
- Develop a deep understanding of the voice of our customer / prospect to partner with Product and influence future product development.
- Drive amazing product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Lead the development of product messaging and positioning globally, with an eye toward competitive differentiation across all relevant business categories.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle, by helping the company understand the impact Drift has in the market, and our top personas.
- Develop compelling and easy to understand internally facing content for Sales, Sales Engineering, Customer Support, Operations and others including sales training, positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Partner with demand generation and digital to tell compelling stories that help build demand and drive revenue across our offerings, and across the customer lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with third parties and Drifters to inform our overall corporate narrative and the thought leadership themes that we showcase throughout the year, to cement our positioning.
- Bringing new and updated products to market, taking the lead on launch strategy, planning, timelines and more, to ensure maximum impact.
- Defining our ideal customer profiles across the portfolio, including when it makes sense to upsell and cross-sell them to the next level, and ensuring our sales partners are well equipped (through tools and talk tracks) to win deals.
- Innovate in the delivery of messages for billboards, keynotes, videos, emails and across the entire lifecycle.
What skills you will bring to the job:
- Demonstrated experience in product marketing that includes messaging and positioning, pricing, competitive analysis and positioning, quantitative and qualitative analysis, product launch management, GTM strategy and sales tool development, leveraging customer and market insights to inform product roadmap, analyst relations, and more.
- 10+ years experience storytelling and delivering compelling product marketing results.
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data driven results.
- Experience collaborating effectively with sales to achieve results.
- Experience working with demand generation to evaluate business data to deliver high converting programs that result in revenue.
- Experience driving targeted messages in B2B markets with account based marketing.
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. This role demands someone who is in love with the spoken and written word, understanding the power that comes from getting it ‘just right’ both online and offline, and with a great attention to detail.
- SaaS / technical product marketing experience required; leadership experience at a public company preferred.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org