Head of Product Operations, Chief of Staff
We are looking for an experienced leader to be the Head of Product Operations and Chief of Staff to the Head of Product. This person will drive multiple high-impact initiatives - from scaling our roadmap process, to honing how we measure and track the customer benefits we deliver team-by-team, all while improving the practices of our product teams cross-functionally. The role works closely with our Product Management Pillar Leads and their teams on strategy formation, communications, and detailed execution.
What you’ll achieve
- We are a rapidly growing product organization with a strong vision for the future of collaboration. We are customer-focused,use human-centered design and lean startup methods on our highly autonomous teams to deliver a better future of work for 1.25B knowledge workers.
- You will work closely with the Head of Product and the Product Leadership Team to scale and optimize our product operations, so we can accelerate our progress towards our mission. Working across the company, you will have a voice at the table where the key product decisions get made and be accountable for driving actions that come from this group. You’ll also facilitate and help craft the next set of big bets and product vision for the next chapter of Asana’s history.
- You will be responsible for refining and driving the most important aspects of our product process including: Roadmapping; OKR creation and measurement; continual improvement of our product development process; and, the operating rhythm of our product teams. You’ll collaborate with Design Ops, Engineering Ops, and Research Ops to define how these functions best work together as you establish the Product Ops function at Asana.
- Your role will accelerate our product delivery for customers and set us up for a new level of scale as we grow. Your personal leadership touch will leave teammates inspired by your ability to solve big problems and roll up your sleeves to dive into the details.
- You will play a specific role enhancing our Product Management community by improving the craft and engagement of individual PMs by developing and managing programs like onboarding, and skill development curriculum. You will be a voice externally for Asana’s product teams.
- 7-10+ years of experience in product management or operational roles. Experience as a management consultant isn’t required, but is a plus. You have empathy for what it takes for teams to build products and are doggedly proactive about reducing barriers for them as a servant leader.
- Get stuff done: You are a role model to the company for how you are able to get things done. The way you execute day-to-day is highly collaborative and leaves teams inspired and better equipped because of your contribution.
- Communication and collaboration: You have exceptional communication skills, both written and oral. You inspire teams with data and sense of purpose that galvanizes an organization. You simplify the complex.
- Strategic mindset: You are a world-class problem solver. You can take on ambiguous projects and quickly dive in to produce new insights and create clarity. You can work across the company on transformational projects, engaging the top leaders at the company, to drive change and build scale in our operations. You have strong analytical skills and strong business judgement, can solve complex problems practically, and present data to key company leaders in a way that is compelling.
- Operational rigor: The challenge of scaling a thriving product and organization excites you. You can flex between strategic initiatives and operational details. You drive processes and continually improve them as you touch them. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to sweat the details and make things happen. You bring fresh ideas to the table on how we run our operation and meld them seamlessly with what is working well on our teams today.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.