About WildlifeWildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. We create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come! Today, we have offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, United States and we are now establishing our presence in China! Wildlife Shanghai is one of the most promising initiatives in Wildlife and a unique opportunity to join at an early stage to help shape our path in China and across the broader Asia region. Our mission is to build the best regional experience the world can provide by leveraging local publishing and culturalization expertise.
About the RoleWe are looking for someone with proven ability to manage game development and operations with a track record in leading successful mobile games in China. You will own the game's vision in China and be in charge of consolidating and executing this vision throughout its development cycle using a data-driven business sense to improve the game's overall performance in the market. You will also be responsible for evangelizing our global product team about nuances of China culturalization, local market trends, and ensuring alignment between China initiatives and the games' global vision.
Who you are
- Excited about joining the founding China team of the one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world that will provide you meaningful work, meaningful relationships, continuous meaningful learning, and a team radically committed to producing great products.
- Thoughtful and analytical decision-maker: you consider multiple solutions to the same problem and can see nuance where others don't to decide what level of detail/sophistication you’ll need to make an informed timely decision.
- A structured and creative thinker: with a structured mindset you are able to harness chaos into a logical architecture, where others would give-up you won't, and by digging into benchmarks you're able to uncover unthinkable solutions to your day-by-day problems.
- Eager to learn about and become an expert in technology and product management. Having the intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn and live it day-by-day and to work side by side with technical development teams is definitely a must.
- A natural but humble China advocate: as a knowledgeable person about China game industry and product strategies, you are passionate, committed, self-starter with a high level of initiative, energy, ownership, urgency and desire to develop and grow our games in China.
- A multicultural gamer: you love gaming (console, mobile, board, or card games) as much as we do, so you'll plug that passion into providing players' needs with unparalleled focus.
What you’ll do
- Analyze Wildlife's games performance in China and formulate a China product strategy while presenting clear, measurable objectives to day-by-day tactical activities to improve games' LTV.
- Collaborate with publishing partners, local and global game teams to create overall monetization and retention strategy by designing the product roadmap for the Chinese market, including new content, features and live services.
- Provide product leadership in China (through your own experience, data analyses, local benchmarks, customer/expert interviews, etc.) within the product's core team.
- Work closely with global teams to determine which titles to focus on for China.
- Lead the vision and backlog for the game in China (i.e., macro and micro product roadmap);
- Ensure our games' technical performance and quality in China are at par with Wildlife's standards while compliant with local regulations.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to drive alignment and communicate product updates;
- Research and share competitive teardowns, market trends, nuances and specificities with management and Studio teams.
- Travel, as necessary, to Brazil or other international locations to meet internal stakeholders or to be a representative of Wildlife at industry events.
What you’ll need
- 4+ years working experience in Chinese Game Industry, delivering at least 3 completed mobile game projects and being able to speak about the key success factors
- Deep understanding of the Chinese mobile gaming market with ability to speak about key differences in mechanics, economy and liveops when compared to Western market
- Capacity for analyzing the Chinese market and adapting the game to the market with culturalization and live services design and experience.
- Advanced analytics skills.
- Outstanding written, oral and organisational ability
- Fluency in English and Chinese.
Job tags: Analytics Architecture Product management Research
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific