Director of Supplier Catalog Product Design
Posted 1 month ago
Who We Are
We’re the Supplier Catalog Product Design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how our thousands of suppliers help curate their engagement with Wayfair. We’re a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience our suppliers engage with wayfair. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
What You’ll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic people manager, a thought leader, and skilled in design operations management. Additionally, you’re gifted in UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product leadership, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- You’ll lead design efforts for these sites & interfaces: Wayfair + Allmodern + Birch Lane + Joss & Main + Perigold. Desktop + Mobile web + iOS + Android
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 10+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, and Creative Suite
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.