Senior Product Designer
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional paper based industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here
Fresh from our Series D raise we are now looking for a Senior Product Designer to work closely with our VP Product within our cross functional Value-Added-Services (VAS) team. The VAS team’s bold mission is to build a digital marketplace for compelling - in-house and third-party - services (e.g. financial products, insurance products, digital fuel cards) on top of sennder’s freight platform. These services should help carriers to operate their business in a more cost-efficient and effective way.
You will have the opportunity to make huge business impact by designing and launching services that delight carriers across Europe, and at the same time scale a brand new revenue stream for sennder. This work is very greenfield, and you will get the opportunity to drive the entire lifecycle of a product: deep user research & service design, fast-paced product design sprints, product MVP build and unlocking scale through features that drive product adoption and retention.
You will succeed in this role if you are able to make complex services accessible to a non-digital target audience (i.e. owners of trucking companies, and their truck drivers) in the most seamless way possible. Thereby, the challenge is not the technology itself but driving its adoption through a flawless service and user experience.
On top of your day to day job, you will also benefit from being part of our design community where we have a collective of talented Senior Product Designers working within all areas of our business.
Your challenge will be:
- Take part in the user research along with other product designers and product managers
- Design simple yet efficient user experiences to address complex business needs
- Work with Figma for wireframes and hi-fi prototypes
- Test your ideas with end users to deliver user centered solutions
- Collaborate closely with front end engineers to build your amazing designs
- Be the voice of the users and the gatekeeper of visual consistency within your cross-functional team
- Have knowledge of information hierarchy and a know how of gestalt principles
- Optimize existing user interface designs using Atlantis, our design system
- Maintain and improve our design system along with other designers and front end developers
- Take an active part in the Design Community along with other designers to improve processed and methods
To get there you will need:
- At least 4 years experience as a product designer, with a proven track record in the B2B context
- Eager to work in a cross-functional team directly with tech, business, marketing and sales
- A problem/solution oriented design portfolio and user-centered mindset
- Strong prototyping and visual design skills in Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma
- Experience conducting user research on their own or in collaboration with other senior product designers or product managers
- Experience partnering with engineers and product managers to release features, products, and/or services
- Strong communication skills, and fluency in English
- Experience working on sales conversion funnel
What we will be offering:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 7 different countries
- Join a community of senior product designers
- Be a part of an international team from 50+ nationalities
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular home office and flexible working
- An attractive compensation package
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.