Growth Strategy Manager (IFP)
New York, New York, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Growth Strategy Manager to join our Growth team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to understand market dynamics and understand how to position Oscar for success as it launches new markets.
As a Manager on the Growth Strategy Team, you will work closely with members of Oscar’s sales, strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, plan design, marketing, and network teams to analyze and optimize growth and retention strategies across the individual and family plans (IFP) line of business for Oscar.
You will report into the Associate Director, Growth Strategy.
- Understanding the provider and payer competitive landscape across 30+ markets.
- Source, organize, and analyze data to support all initiatives for growth
- Build frameworks for analyzing market and competitive dynamics in new and existing markets (plan design, pricing, broker commission, distribution channels, market sizing, demographic data, network information, etc.) and developing an opinion on how they should inform Oscar’s strategy
- Bring the voice of the market to data-driven decisions about network construction, plan design, and pricing
- Create models and tools that produce actionable business insights to drive strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market and enrollment trends, and key drivers
- Research, analyze and report on Oscar’s growth metrics (enrollment performance by plan, market, demographics)
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy, private equity or investment banking
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Healthcare experience with an understanding of provider/payer markets
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.