UX Research Intern
Blink is the user experience firm for the world's leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. Blink is looking for a motivated and user-focused UX Research Intern to join our Seattle studio for a paid, summer-long, fully remote internship. This internship will allow a researcher to experience real, client-facing work in the fields of product design and user-centered design. The program aims to expose interns to a breadth of product domains and research methodologies.
How the internship is structured:
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- The program runs 10 weeks—June to August
- Location preference is for Seattle area applicants, but approved remote work locations include the following states: MA, CA, CO, WA, TX.
What you'll be doing:
- Participating in client meetings to understand business needs and project objectives
- Collaborating with senior researchers to develop study plans and session guides
- Collaborating with senior researchers to recruit research participants
- Observing research sessions and taking notes
- Conducting research sessions independently
- Participating in analysis to extract themes and insights and make recommendations
- Working with design teams to translate insights into ideas
- Contributing to client presentations
What we are looking for:
- A digital portfolio showcasing experience with core UX research methodologies and skills
- Fundamental understanding of UX research and the design process, preferably through college-level coursework or direct experience
- A desire to learn, grow, and contribute in a fast-paced agency environment
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, organize and prioritize findings, and identify trends/patterns
- Working knowledge of Keynote and/or PowerPoint, Microsoft tools – namely Excel – and Google Suite.
Job tags: Product design Research User experience UX research
Job region(s): North America