UX Research Co-op or Intern (Remote)
Remote - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TribalScale co-op placements and internships are open to current undergraduate students, co-ops, recent graduates and those early on in their careers. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis for all coop placements and internships. We may not be able to respond to all applications, but encourage you to reach out again for our next round of intake.
TribalScale is a digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transform teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us. Want to learn more about design at TribalScale? Check out our Product Design team’s Instagram.
Our Product Design team is growing, and we are looking to bring on a UX Research Co-op/Intern to support our team of designers as they build meaningful design experiences for our clients. We're looking for someone who is incredibly curious: Do you always need to know "why" or "how"? Does wondering how something works keep you up at night? This could be an amazing opportunity for you to help answer some of these questions for our users. You will help us enhance the user experience and investigate the ‘why’ in order to learn more about our users and how they interact with technology and applications. The goal of our Product Design team is to improve the user experience by incorporating research, insights and content strategy into the product cycle. As a UX Researcher (Co-op/Intern), you will work closely with our design and product teams throughout our process to identify opportunities for research, choose the appropriate methods, conduct research and analyze and present results to clients.
You should be interested, and show understanding, in both qualitative and quantitative methods, such as expert reviews, user tests, and journal studies, as well as experiments, surveys and A/B testing. As a partner to the product design team, you should have strong communication skills, drawing on your experience with design to describe and sometimes mock-up suggestions in research reports.
While you're at TribalScale, we'll make sure you get to:
- Understand our clients' users, frame and define their key problems
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams to design, implement, and track new features for our current client projects
- Work closely with our Product Designers to build and grow your research skills in practice
To ensure success during this opportunity, we're looking for someone who:
- Loves asking questions, seeking understanding, and is good at listening and working with others to solve difficult problems
- Has experience with some qualitative research methods (e.g. interviewing, usability testing, ethnography, etc.)
- Has experience applying a range of research methods with both creativity and critical thinking
- Can summarize and communicate research findings while working alongside team members
- Is comfortable handling recruiting efforts, reaching out to potential participants by email or phone, and scheduling sessions
It’s a bonus, but not at all necessary, if you have:
- Worked on a digital product, feature, or service
- Collaborated with designers, developers, product managers, and/or other multidisciplinary teammates
- Experimented with different methods for doing research
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front of the mobile revolution. We are expert builders in voice tech, and now, we're connecting the world. We work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomic, and many more
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and is valued. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off. We promise you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business, and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
TribalScale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.