Senior Product Design Engineer
London, Boston, Tel Aviv, or Remote
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced engineer to join our Product Design Engineering team.
As Product Design Engineer at Snyk you will work collaboratively with our designers to create an elegant UI that our customers find a joy to use. You will be responsible for the growth and maintenance of our Design System and you will support our R&D teams with UI development.
Our Design System aims to improve efficiency and consistency across our product platform. Metrics for success include: increased speed to market, reduced QA time, reduced bug reports etc.
You’ll spend your time:
- developing and maintaining our Design Systems.
- supporting our engineering and product teams in UI implementation and feature planning.
- identify strategic opportunities for UI development, improvements and reusability.
- address issues with our UX and iterate on our user journeys.
- ensure a high level of accessibility, performance and optimisation in our UI.
- help with the implementation of temporary experiments and optimisation tests.
- be the technical partner to the design team, helping us move faster, smarter and maintain a world-class product.
You should apply if you:
- love to craft beautiful UIs that empower customers.
- have experience working on a SaaS web application.
- believe testing and code quality is important and prioritize useful code review.
- move quickly, iteratively and proactively and believe that shipping early is best.
- are comfortable with Git, GitHub and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows.
- like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes.
- are interested in security, developer tooling, and open source.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have experience with Vue.
- have experience with Figma.
- have experience working with Design Systems.
- have good design sensibilities and understanding of design principles.
- have experience working as part of a distributed team.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.6 billion company valuation.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.