Product Designer, Terraform
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We're looking for a Product Designer who is deeply passionate about bringing human-centered thinking to the technology infrastructure space, and who is excited to work on the bleeding edge of technology.
We're looking for a hard-working, critically-thinking, and self-motivated Product Designer to join the small and passionate HashiCorp Infrastructure design team. This designer must be able to work within visual systems, possess proven interaction design experience, and be confident and comfortable navigating all aspects of the design process.
Terraform is the world’s leading infrastructure-as-code product. In this role you will be driving innovation in its design by partnering with research, product management, and engineering.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, researchers and designers to deliver the industry’s best infrastructure-as-code workflows.
- Tackle complex and technically challenging experiences and make them beautiful and simple, taking into account both the experienced practitioner and the first-time user
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient experiences
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you have the following:
- Have a minimum 4 years of relevant experience in UX
- Experience designing complex tools and products for technical audiences, across multiple interfaces (Web UIs, CLIs, and APIs to name a few)
- Employ a mature design process to solve problems strategically and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
Nice to have:
- Ability to conduct research
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Familiarity with infrastructure management concepts
- Experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and customers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RS1