Freelance Product Designer
Remote - Porto, Porto District, Portugal
Pixelmatters is a digital product studio. We’re a team of strategists, designers and developers creating top-quality digital products.
Our mission is to empower businesses to achieve their full potential by creating top-quality digital products, while fostering great relationships along the way. We envision a world where great user experience is the norm, not the exception, inspiring businesses and people to be at their best.
We’re looking for you — a flexible, autonomous and experienced Freelance Designer, to support and augment our existing team capacity. Even though this is a momentary need, in which we expect to need your help for the next couple of months, we're regularly looking to collaborate with Freelancers, so this should be seen as a long-term partnership opportunity. And here is where you come in...
You'll collaborate with our team on UX and UI initiatives, creating and communicating exceptional experiences on a variety of projects, from Web to Mobile Apps, to Marketing Websites. You'll have daily design reviews with Design Leads which will support you on an ongoing basis, plus communicate with our product managers and engineers to make sure the vision is met.
Some of your tasks may include creating flow maps, low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes, designing the most beautiful interfaces and document them for our engineers. You'll also have a voice on product and design decisions in collaboration with our team.
We're looking for autonomy and talent. You'll interact with several people within the company, so it's important to also be a positive element on the constant improvement of our culture. On top of everything, you are someone with pride and passion for what you do.
- At least 3 years of relevant design experience working with technology companies
- Ability to drive forward both strategic and execution-oriented projects on multiple platforms, such as Mobile, Marketing Websites and WebApps
- Ability to interpret feedback clearly, deconstruct requirements and translate them into simple and intuitive designs
- A healthy relationship with feedback, able to learn and grow from it
- Caring about doing things the right way, with attention to detail, as all pixels matter
- Ability to organise your own day and tasks, making sure nothing gets missed
- Have a healthy obsession with learning and be on top of everything about design trends, including good understanding of all industry-standard tools/software
- Know your way around the current design tools (Figma, InVision, Zeplin)
- Good understanding of English and Portuguese (written and spoken)