Lead Product Designer
Lead Product Designer
When it comes to making a purchase online, customers want assurances their item will come with minimal issues. But when there is a question or problem, they want to feel empowered to resolve their issue – using a variety of channels to get timely and accurate information. At Wayfair, we want to do just that, leveraging our chat and AI capabilities to help customers resolve their issues quickly and easily.
On our fast-growing Post-Purchase Experience Design team, we’re seeking a Lead Product Designer to help scale our conversational experiences including chat and chatbot efforts. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to shape and scale our Virtual Assistant, an online AI experience helping to address customer questions 24/7. Along with this, you will help provide a broader Customer Service offering to Wayfair customers – helping them to answer questions and resolve issues across a variety of communication channels.
A typical day for you may focus on working with a Content Strategist to scale intents for our chatbot or collaborating with our Engineering team to explore how we align user needs with our technical approach. And even though we focus on the post-purchase experience, our efforts will shape how we help customers in their pre-purchase journey as well. This means working with other teams within Wayfair to demonstrate the value that Customer Service provides across their entire Wayfair shopping experience.
Ideal candidates are not only strategic thinkers, but also sought-after collaborators and strong UX practitioners who work well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class experience on behalf of our customers and agents.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and others to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Help shape and scale a conversation design experience for customers and agents looking to solve a given customer issue: from the replacement of damaged items to making a change to shipping or billing address through an interactive experience.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences that solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Conceptualize and create design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities.
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our product, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems – and make our messaging even more compelling.
Desired skills & experience:
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables around compelling UX experiences including an online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows/task flows, user journeys, conversational matrices, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction.
- The ability to manage and support several tracks of work within a large initiative leveraging a variety of tools and methodologies to keep design efforts on track.
- Experience working with a mix of communication channels and outputs: social media, SMS-based or conversational products that establish a dialog between different user types.
- Strong skills in, and understanding of, modern design processes, design thinking and strategic planning for UX/Design. Able to tackle emerging technologies within a given technical space like Machine Learning.
- Experience designing digital products and systems that address larger workflow or address specific customer problems and/or needs.
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiation priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional UX experience in large-scale teams. 2+ years designing conversational experiences including multimodal design, voice design, or conversational design is a plus but not required.
Our team is a mix of artists, coders, designers, researchers, and analysts who bring a range of skills and experience to our work. We value those individuals who can bring a different perspective to the post-purchase experience. Diverse perspectives only strengthen our team.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.