Product Design Lead- Pocket (Mobile)
Remote Canada, Remote US
Come join Mozilla's Design & People Experiences team!
We're looking for a passionate and capable individual to envision and realize the future of Pocket products for Mozilla. Working in a close and participative manner with product and engineering teams, you will advocate and craft the vision for products, services, and systems that put the needs, desires, and aspirations of people at the center. Beyond crafting outstanding human-centered experiences, you will work to:
- Scope research, develop testable prototypes, and visualize ideas;
- Drive insight generation and ideation sessions, and lead alignment efforts across teams.
- Refine value propositions and product strategy, and identify new opportunity spaces for growth and exploration.
If your passion is helping people, problem-solving, working in an environment that allows you to stretch your human-centered design skills, while supporting a mission that is driven to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible, then this is the right position for you! Additionally, this job is for you if you consider yourself a creative worker, a forward-thinking and open problem solver, and passionate about working toward just and equitable solutions for diverse communities.
While we have team members in different parts of the world, our team is dominantly distributed across North America, with larger hubs in Portland, OR and Toronto, Canada.
Day to day you will...
- Lead design work that leads to (incremental and novel) products and foster innovation and collaboration across product lines that emphasize integrations, expansions, and new opportunities for Mozilla’s Pocket Mobile products
- Act as a key interface between product management and engineering teams and coordinate activities with partners in marketing and R&D throughout the product lifecycle
- Leverage insights and recommendations from people experience research to identify opportunities that focus on existing and new opportunity spaces
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to articulate value propositions, product usages, opportunity spaces, and design strategy
- Narrow down the opportunity space via testing with lead researchers and through prototypes with creative technologists
- Make data-grounded go/no-go recommendations alongside risk analysis, prioritizations and contingency plans
- Advocate for people-centric best practices and products
Your professional profile...
- 5-7 years of professional product design experience
- You have worked on the design and implementation of products that focus on content creation, curation and delivery
- You have a creative edge and a portfolio with examples of your work
- Design Systems experience/ability to follow design systems
- Generate Creative design ideas within a collaborative environment
- Self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
- Flexible, efficient, and comfortable with ambiguity and able to move quickly from planning to execution
- Passionate about ethical and people-centered design
- Experience doing design work with respect to privacy and security products
Extras (not required yet great plus)
- Experience working closely with communities and involving people in product design and development in a participatory fashion
- Leading and facilitating ideation, generation, and strategy workshops
- Experience with developing and implementing product strategy
- Working with historically under-invested communities, especially communities in the greater South
- Proficiency or fluency in languages other than English (especially Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese or Arabic)
- Deep understanding of developing products that prioritize accessibility
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.