Senior Product Designer
GoCardless is growing fast and we’re looking for the best designers out there to help build our products.
With the world embracing digital payments, we believe we are in the perfect position to take our business and our merchants to the next level.
In just over ten years, we’ve grown from a start-up to a thriving scale-up, processing more than $20bn a year, for over 55,000 businesses in more than 30 countries. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Twitch, TripAdvisor, The Guardian, Bulb and the UK Government. It also enables partners like Xero and Quickbooks to help save time for small businesses.
With our fully realised global network, growing suite of intelligence products, and our Open Banking ambitions, the future promises to be challenging, exciting, and full of opportunities.
Join our team and help redefine payments.
Senior Product Designer at GoCardless
We believe in making lives easier by building outstanding experiences.
We’re looking for inspired and curious people to join the design function to help develop the culture, define guidelines, and collaborate with brand design to set direction for the future of GoCardless products.
The team strives to deliver meaningful change to the people and processes we serve. Whether it’s an internal tool or outward-facing product, we take pride in our craft from insight to application.
Why should you join us?
We have high ambition for ourselves and our customers. Our problems are complex but our solutions are simple and have tangible impact. We’re autonomous, define our own future, and make waves along the way. If you aspire to excellence and thrive in a team, we want to talk with you.
- You care about the detail and interrogate all that you do with precision.
- Your work is your craft and have a high bar, holding yourself and others to account, while also welcoming criticism with integrity.
- You consider processes and scalability by default, appreciating the impact your actions and outputs have on others.
- You understand the delicate balance of desirability vs delivery. You know when to ship and when to stand.
- You thrive on autonomy and accountability with empathy and consideration for your collaborators.
- You are a mentor, keen to develop others around you, seeking to lift the skills and experience of your peers for the benefit of the discipline.
- You show the way by demonstrating your passion for design, championing industry trends and innovation, looking for appropriate ways to utilise them in your experiences.
About your role
- You will be accountable for crafting best-in-class visuals and experiences, leading the way and setting an example for the rest of the discipline.
- You will interrogate data points and behavioural patterns, turning these into opportunities for product improvements and UX innovation.
- You will be partnering with Product Managers to drive in-depth research pieces that uncover customer problems and define our customers' jobs.
- You will be drawing on experience, knowledge, and data, to help define the future landscape of the GoCardless platform.
- You will be using your Figma expertise to streamline workflows and create varied projects from wireframes to highly-polished prototypes.
- You will be a key visionary for the GoCardless design system, defining the approach in line with the brand vision, promoting its usage, defining and contributing to the libraries, and managing the versioning workflow.
- You will be defining long-term strategic design direction that helps shape the future of the products, bringing teams and stakeholders along on the journey
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.