Senior Manager, Product Design
Course Hero is scaling! Our design team is looking for an experienced product design leader to help us redefine the way that we work with educators on our platform. We are developing impactful and long-term relationships with our educators. You are a dynamic, creative, hands-on design leader with deep knowledge of how to understand what people need and then drive engagement and retention. In this role, you will hire, lead, and mentor. You get to build an environment where designers thrive.
Since starting our educator strategy in 2017, we have welcomed over 50,000 college educators onto our platform. Course Hero seeks to help educators quickly discover teaching resources and new connections to support the development of innovative courses, lectures, assessments, and approaches to teaching. We recently launched our Educator Exchange, which enables educators to earn money based on the usage of the resources that they share through Course Hero. We are also crafting new ways for students & educators to interact through our products & services.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Increase the value that we deliver to our educators by leading sophisticated design initiatives that help us better meet their needs
- Partner with our educator team, UX research team, and analytics teams to understand our educators, and demonstrate qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
- Hire, manage and mentor designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth
- Evangelize our brand
- Help make our educator experience mobile-friendly
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to contribute to our vision, strategy, and roadmaps
Are you our next Senior Manager, Product Design?
- ~2 years managing a design team in a high-growth startup
- 8+ years in hands-on design, working on cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps
- Track record of using design to produce customer value and measurable business results
- Systems thinker and creative problem-solver, with shown expertise turning sophisticated consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details.
- Experience creating & establishing design systems in an open, collaborative, sustainable way
- Comfort working in a fast paced agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more
- Experience working on products prior to product-market fit; experience iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration and ground-breaking candor
- You thrive in the player-coach mode, guiding the work of other designers while also executing design work yourself
- Outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Designed products powered by Machine Learning and AI
- Designed social network or marketplace products
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings
- Team lunches
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.