Senior Product Manager - Retail Transactions
San Francisco, CA
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
We're growing our product team
As a Senior Product Manager - Retail Transactions at States Title, you will be focused on exploring the Title & Escrow retail business and designing and implementing a seamless experience across all relevant stakeholders. You will innovate how transactions flow throughout their life cycle in a completely automated workflow.
You will measure success by the amount of seamlessness and customer delight you drive as you dream up a revolution, transforming a process now replete with inefficient email, telephone and paper interactions. You’ll design a unified, modern interface and platform for realtors, lenders, buyers, sellers, and agents, as well as attract actors seeking greater earnings and efficiencies in the post-peak housing market.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in product management
- What's relevant? Any of the following:
- Fintech: you've worked with engineering teams and deployed credit, money-management, or insurance products
- Title: you’ve designed or led the product direction a customer-facing or escrow-officer facing software system
- Series A or Series B start-up environments: you've operated independently with little or no direction and identified value creating product opportunities for customer acquisition
- Our definition of product management:
- A product manager at States Title identifies business and operational challenges and owns these issues. He/she solves these problems by deriving and executing on value creating technological solutions for the company and/or its customers
- Strengths aligned with our needs:
- Creative skills
- E.g. Are you able to dream up solutions and experiences that surprise stakeholders (are you inventing a better saddle, or are you inventing the automobile?)
- Business acumen
- E.g. Once you’re comfortable with the business model, can you estimate on the spot whether a newly proposed solution is profitable?
- Understanding of technical implementation costs
- E.g. Can you provide an independent estimate of the time to complete a project?
- Collaboration skills
- E.g. Can you get a group to make a controversial decision in fewer than 30 minutes?
- Communication skills
- E.g. Can you sense friction between stakeholders and your team before it materializes, and solve it almost presciently?