Retail Solutions Product Manager
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Retail Solutions Product Manager
Job location: Ottawa,Canada
About the Team
The Product Management team is responsible for setting the long-term strategic product direction for Kinaxis, as well as executing on near-term objectives. We play a central role at Kinaxis, with daily interactions with our customers & prospects, as well as frequent interactions with all teams across the organization, including Sales, Marketing, Business Consulting, Professional Services, Support, and Research & Development. We are a team of problem solvers and technology enthusiasts that play the role of a strong customer advocate in our organization, inspiring the product team to move mountains to solve our customer’s most challenging problems!
What you will do
The Retail Solutions Product Manager will play a pivotal role in Kinaxis’ strategy and plans for driving innovation, growth and profitability for the retail vertical. This product strategy will be developed based on insightful analysis of customer needs, market opportunities and Kinaxis core competencies. The Retail Solutions Product Manager will lead the prioritization, development and go-to-market strategy of key retail initiatives in supply planning processes such as sourcing, distribution, replenishment, inventory, purchase order management and supplier collaboration. This exciting role requires the talents of a well-rounded product manager who will work collaboratively with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Lead a team of professionals in establishing the vision, strategy and plan that will bring a competitive and differentiated offering to the market and maximize RoI for product investment
- Serve as subject matter expert and voice of the customer providing leadership and direction for retail initiatives
- Translate the plans into viable product designs, customer value propositions, product packages and related pricing
- Guide marketing, sales and technical sales teams for campaign, launches, go-to-market, demo plans for successful entry and adoption of the product
- Engage in the sales cycle by delivering roadmap presentations and topical deep dives and help shape the sales approach for an account
- Providing deployment and support professionals with the right information and training when launching new initiatives
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience building supply chain products for the retail industry, specifically for supply side planning and control tower capabilities
- Minimum 5 years experience as Product Manager, with experience launching new B2B software services
- Extensive product-related interactions with customers at the business, technical and program levels
- Equally comfortable working at the strategic level, producing business cases and go-to-market strategies, and at the tactical level leading technical requirements discussions
- Creative thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.