Zola is seeking a Product Designer to be the customer advocate and interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions. This person will be working on our Vendor Marketplace platform, which is a business that is at a very early stage of development within a well-funded, growth-stage startup.
Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas and continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, and engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization and design strategy. The role is responsible for creating and overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, and testing ideas with real users, providing interaction and visual direction from definition to specification. Product designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Lead, define, and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications
- Collaborate with product management, visual designers, marketers, merchandisers, and engineers – apply design principles and user-centered design methodologies to create a great experience for our couples and guests
- Interpret customer needs into effective and thoughtful product solutions
- Create user-centered designs by considering site analytics, customer feedback, and research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring ideas into an energetic and collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Around 2-4 years+ of proven experience leading ‘design-thinking’ and user-centered design practices across multiple functional disciplines
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered, responsive, web and mobile design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
***Title and compensation based on experience***
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville and Montreal. We’re hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!