Product Designer, Integrations
Posted 3 months ago
Overview At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and to do that, we need the best people to take the market. In this role, you’ll work on our Integrations product pillar, which helps our customers more easily collect, unify, and send the data that flows through Segment to our partners and 300+ integrations. You’ll collaborate daily with product managers, engineers, and designers to provide a world-class experience to our partners, customers, and internal teams alike.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside your cross-functional team and design lead to iterate towards incredibly intuitive, elegant user experiences for our customers and partners
- Leverage our design system to solve customer problems creatively — maybe even contribute to said design system, Evergreen, along the way!
- Partner with research to deeply understand customer needs for your product area, and anchor your team in those insights as well
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term investments for Integrations
- Collaborate with our product design team to craft an end-to-end Segment product experience that empowers, delights and excites our users
- Play an active role in product strategy and vision for your team — not just “how this feature should look”, but more importantly… “what should we build?” More on how we do that here!
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other designers to develop product strategy
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed perspective to design
- A relentless customer-focused approach to design
- 2+ years of experience — ideally working in B2B, data infrastructure, or similar product experiences (but totally cool if not!)
- An ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- A deep desire to constantly improve, up-level your quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
Okay, last thing. A little bit about our design team...We are a small but mighty group of about ten. Some of us are super into watching a really good movie, and can definitely give you great recommendations there, while others are really into Netflix reality shows. And some of us have been pretty productive in indoors during last year by taking up illustration, or you know, raising our kids. And don’t worry — we’ve brought on quite a few people remotely now, so we’re getting the hang of it. But mostly, we’re a group of people who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and the ability to work on some really cool, complex problems together. You’ll find us hanging out in the same Figma file during a design brainstorm, or trying not to get killed during a team game of Among Us. If a deeply kind, fun, collaborative team sounds like fun to you, well… we encourage you to apply! We’d love to have you. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences — we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. #LI-Remote
Job tags: Figma Product design Research User research User testing
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 3 1 0