Senior UX Designer - EU Carrier
Wayfair is seeking to add UX/UI designers to our transportation operations. We are looking for a Senior UX/UI designer with a diverse portfolio, experience working in cross-functional teams, and a track record of delivering high-quality experiences.
Specifically, we’re seeking a senior product design practitioner who can help take the user experiences of our tools to the next level by assessing current experiences, identifying gaps where we’re not yet meeting user needs, identifying how we can streamline and consolidate our toolset, and designing engaging experiences.
We want to see how you’ve designed engaging experiences throughout your career. The ideal Senior Designer will demonstrate a skill set that includes analyzing user needs; architecting layouts, flows and interactions; and designing product screens, and will have a track record of working directly with product managers and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver successful user experiences.
What You'll Do:
We’re looking for senior UX/UI designers who bring experience in all three of the focus areas below.
- UX Design and Information Architecture
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and QA analysts to execute design concepts that deliver on user needs and are technically feasible to implement
- Create detailed user flows/task flows, user journeys, wireframes, functional specifications, sitemaps, and visual designs
- Lead cross-functional experience reviews for all necessary deliverables
- Work closely with front-end and back-end engineers to ensure user-facing experiences meet our interaction design standards and comply with Wayfair’s design system
- Research and Discovery
- Meet with stakeholders to review goals and objectives
- Prioritize, plan, and help conduct user research, leveraging techniques including: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, and card sorting
- Participate in observation, note taking and analysis as needed
- Create design prototypes to utilize during research
- Complete data analysis following research activities
- Analyze metrics to glean insights on user behavior
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites and provide meaningful analysis of your findings
- Create and review research reports/presentations with teams and key stakeholders
- Team Collaboration and Planning
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and QA analysts to deliver products with a vision informed by user needs
- Support and influence product planning, prioritization, and roadmapping
- Establish design acceptance criteria for user stories, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards
- Collaborate closely with engineering & QA to provide guidance on the experience during the development of code
What You'll Need:
- Experience with B2B and/or e-commerce
- Experience with web applications and/or mobile applications
- A proven track record of delivering end-to-end design guidelines and solutions
- Ability to clearly present your work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions behind it
- Proficiency in Sketch or Figma, Invision, and other design tools
- Familiarity with front-end considerations (front-end experience not required)
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.