Intern: Product Design-Summer 2021
We’re looking for students who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will be a big part of a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product, from inception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
What you’ll achieve
- Collaborate with our experienced designers to discover user problems and transform them into intuitive, human-centered interactions
- Be actively involved in the end-to-end design process of major features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Contribute to everything from the broadest strategic discussions to the specifics of a marketing campaign and launch.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs. According to a past intern, we’re “really just one big family” where everyone is “encouraged to live healthy, balanced lifestyles”.
- Currently a junior or first-year masters student studying design or a related field
- Looking for a role for Summer 2021
- An online portfolio demonstrating your product design abilities
- Human-centered approach to designing products
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Passion for creating a high quality user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Curiosity and a constant desire to learn and improve
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.