Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Data Products
Posted 1 month ago
Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Marketing Team
Mixpanel's Marketing team is responsible for creating messaging, content, and programs that drive awareness with our target audience, influence purchase decisions, and help users achieve maximum value from our products.
The product marketing function, which you'd be a part of, was recognized by Sharebird as a Top 25 Team To Learn From And Work For To Develop Your Product Marketing Career. The team takes pride in being collaborative, strategic, and results-oriented – as well as fun and fulfilling to be a part of.
About the Role
As the Sr. PMM for Mixpanel's data products, you'll have a unique opportunity to drive the success of a new suite of products within a market-leading company.
With the rise of modern data infrastructure – think Snowflake, Google Cloud, dbt, etc. – there is an unmet need for product analytics that connect directly to a company's source of truth. Mixpanel is first to market in enabling this through a set of connectors to leading data lakes and warehouses, making product analysis both trustworthy, and self-serve, for product teams.
These new products have already proven crucial to many recent customer wins, and with the right marketing strategy in place, will be one of the next major growth drivers for the company. In this high-visibility role, you'll take the lead in crafting the go-to-market narrative, getting the word out, and ultimately, driving adoption and purchase.
- Drive the success of Mixpanel's portfolio of data products, including Cloud Import, Data Pipelines, Identity Management, Lexicon, and others that are in development. In partnership with Product Management and Sales, you will be responsible for increasing usage and revenue for these products.
- Build and execute the marketing strategy for your area of ownership, including messaging, positioning, content, and campaigns. You will be the first marketer focused on data products and will have the opportunity to build your strategy from the ground up.
- Launch new products and features – we have some exciting ones in the works! You will play a key role in packaging and naming for the full data portfolio as it evolves.
- Become the resident expert on the data engineering, analytics, and data science personas. Your knowledge will enable the entire company to successfully market and sell to these emerging target roles for Mixpanel.
- Be the voice of Mixpanel's data products. You will use your storytelling, writing, and speaking skills to build content that gets the attention of our target audience, then compels them to evaluate and purchase Mixpanel.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 7+ years experience in product marketing, preferably with the majority in B2B.
- Successfully launched products generating millions in revenue. To accomplish this, you formed close working relationships with Product Management, Engineering, and Sales.
- Excellent storytelling skills. You have a portfolio of work samples that you're proud to share, spanning long-form writing, sales collateral, and external presentations.
- Marketed to a technical buyer, preferably data engineering, analytics, and/or data science. Time spent marketing data products and features is a plus.
- Measured success, solved problems, and identified opportunities using data. Mixpanel has a metrics-focused culture and we use them to prioritize work throughout the business.
Bonus Points For
- Experience using SQL and business intelligence tools to analyze data
- Knowledge of the data and analytics market
- Time spent at a high-growth B2B tech company
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.