Staff Product Manager - Account Protection
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why, and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers globally. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system and compromise accounts for nefarious purposes. Our Consumer Trust team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to own and lead Account Protection initiatives. The Sr. PM, Account Protection will define the vision and strategy for our risk platform with the goal of preventing fraud and abuse at the account level and helping Twilio ensure trusted communications with our customers and consumers globally. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the development of products that help us protect our customers and consumers from fraud and abuse of our platform. At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product, from concept to design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. You will lead the product requirements to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate. The ideal candidate is comfortable partnering with engineering on roadmap development, articulating the story internally and externally, shaping a long-term product strategy and vision, and driving adoption and execution.
Success in this role requires building and maintaining strong relationships across operations, support, data science, security, and other product teams. We are seeking an Owner with strong product vision, intellectual curiosity, data-driven prioritization, leadership, and execution skills.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, leading products from development to launch.
- You are interested in building a product from the ground up in a fast paced, data driven environment
- You are passionate about protecting customers, consumers and user experience
- You are experienced and comfortable working at the technical level, understanding APIs and data.
- You are experienced working on a self-organizing agile software team.
- You have an analytical mindset and understand data systems.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Own and shape the product roadmap, building the products, tools and analytical systems we use for detecting and preventing fraud at the customer account level.
- Collaborate with other product teams and operations teams to improve effectiveness to scale with Twilio’s fast growing platform.
- Strategize and iteratively develop new solutions with data science and engineering to combat changing fraud patterns and new vectors including account compromise and takeover risk vectors.
- Write and present detailed product deliverables on key initiatives to executives and stakeholders.
- Get involved with industry meet-ups and associations to stay on top of new trends and best practices.
- Get your hands dirty to remove barriers and obstacles hindering your engineering team’s ability to ship.
As Twilio grows, our platform for global communications becomes a larger target for fraud, abuse and unwanted communications. This role owns our investments and plans for managing and mitigating these ever-changing risks across the business while enabling Twilio and our customers to have a frictionless trajectory for growth. You will work closely with other product teams on visible projects with impact across the company. Your success is highly measurable, affecting Twilio’s bottom line and our reputation in the larger communications ecosystem.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25-35% travel expected, most often to our offices in San Francisco and Denver as well as to visit global teams and industry meetings and events globally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 120,832 USD - 151,040 USD
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 105,728 USD - 132,160 USD
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks