Product Analyst, Verifications
Posted 1 month ago
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
In today’s world, data is king and this team has no shortage of data. If you’re excited about understanding complex data sets from disparate sources, or helping our teams build solutions to capture new and interesting data points, this is the team for you. Our Verifications Product Analytics team analyzes and automates everything related to our Underwriting and Verifications platform, from workflow prioritization to how to make our users’ lives better.
Are you a math nerd? Do you love running controlled experiments against a testable hypothesis? This team handles much of the testing and experimentation for the Carvana.com platform and operations tooling related to Underwriting and Verifications. Our goal is to understand and improve the user journey, whether it’s a Carvana customer or employee. We get to use rich sets of data coming from our e-commerce site and apps, internal tooling, credit decisioning platform, vehicle reconditioning and logistics operations, and customer service department.
What you’ll be doing
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the company, including senior leadership, with results and strategic recommendations.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to assess performance and identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data Engineering to ensure a data-first approach is taken when building new systems or expanding existing platforms.
- Explore and segment data to identify and explain key drivers; design and build models, dashboards, and visualizations to support Product teams.
- Design split tests, interpret results, and communicate the broader implications.
- Take ownership of the product track, enabling and empowering the constantly evolving customer experience that makes us leaders in our field.
- Lead by example for the rest of the team in the above areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (such as math, finance, computer science, computer information systems, engineering, etc.) with a strong academic record preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience with rigorous experimentation. Fluent in split testing methodologies and statistical analysis.
- Analytical thinking. Capable of the full scope of data-driven decision-making: diving deep to understand the nuances of individual data points, defining illuminating summary statistics and visualizations, crafting simple yet accurate narratives, and employing all of the foregoing to improve our product and business.
- Intuitive problem-solving. Understand and think through causal relationships and ripple effects. Confidence in tackling emerging and complex problems
- Technical proficiency. Ability to write clean SQL queries and employ visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools. Familiarity with data pipelines, common mobile and web technologies, and general software development practices.
- Excellence in communication. Ability to collaborate and speak the language of our Creative, Product, Engineering, and Executive teams.
- Product sensibility. A student of products with sharp intuition about customers and user experience. Consumer Internet and e-commerce experience is a plus.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.