Product Manager, Growth
444 De Haro St
Posted 1 month ago
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk to friends.
At the heart of Discord's communities are the members. The Growth team at Discord is responsible for acquiring, onboarding, and helping each member to find a community and friends, learn how to use the product, and create their own communities. The Growth team is responsible for bringing Discord to the next billion people around the world.
We're looking for a Growth Product Manager to join us and lead one of our growth pillars, ranging from onboarding to retention. You will responsible for creating a vision, building systems and features, and ideating creative solutions to large-scale, international social network problems.
What you'll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools that drive massive impact and growth.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work with our other Growth squads to create a connected vision for the entirety of the user journey, from onboarding to long-term retention.
- Partner with other product teams across Discord, such as Communities, Creator Ecosystems, Bots, and more.
- Empathize with dozens of personas and use-cases, and think international-first.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 2+ years of experience focused on high-scale growth problems.
- Proven track record of impact through solving growth problems.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data, including writing SQL.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- A love for helping & empowering others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Experience working on international problems.
- Familiarity with Data or ML technologies such as Tensorflow, Airflow, BigQuery.
Job tags: Engineering SQL
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 1 0 0