Product Owner - Data Foundations (f/m/x)
Posted 1 month ago
Data-Drivenness is one of HelloFresh’s core values. The Data Foundations Team provides a self-serve platform that enables data producers and consumers at HelloFresh to share their data and enable data-driven decision-making within the organisation. We are on our journey to foster a product mindset for data and build a DataOps culture at HelloFresh and looking for a Product Owner to be a core part of that journey. As a Product Owner in the Data Foundations Team you will help build the tools enabling our stakeholders to create and maintain data products.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced technical Product Owner to ensure that our infrastructure, tools, processes, and documentation can empower our stakeholders to build data products efficiently and at scale.
- Build a distributed domain-driven architecture for data (data mesh)
- Partner with data engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and software engineers in defining initiatives and solutions, and resolving scope-related trade-offs.
- Evangelise a data-as-a-product mindset and domain data ownership
- Collaborate closely with the Data Foundation leadership to create and communicate our product vision across the entire organization
- Maintain accurate documentation of features to be developed and implemented
- Track and provide visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on the timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles
- Support stakeholders in modernizing their data assets
- Take a data driven approach to evaluate metrics and KPIs to drive decision making
What you’ll bring
- You are passionate about data
- You are able to manage a roadmap for technical products, from inception to launch
- You can build and defend a consistent vision while being flexible on the details
- You understand the language of engineers and are comfortable engaging in high-level technical discussions
- You have a strong analytical mind-set and are at your best working with KPIs
- You’re able to make technical topics accessible to a non-technical audience and business topics to a technical audience
- You have contributed to the delivery of complex internal tools or B2B products before
- You feel comfortable being the point of contact for senior and international stakeholders
- You bring a strong experience with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
- You have grown strong communication in English, both oral and written
What we offer
- A fast-growing Data Team at a decisive moment providing lot of opportunity to take over responsibility and grow professionally
- A multi-national and gender-diverse team
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.