Technical Manager/Scrum Master -GBS-PTX
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted 1 month ago
Position Title: Technical Manager
Exp: 8+ yrs
Directs the activity of team leaders within a group or a specific area within the engineering function. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Defines objectives and work plans and determines modes of employing resources in order to attain objectives and meet schedules. Serves as a professional authority for subordinate employees with regard to problem-solving and schedule-meeting schedules.
- Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks, and prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations. Manager of a medium-size group/project.
- Provides innovative solutions to complex problems and communicates progress toward project/program goals.
- Oversees the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Creates schedules and work plans. Can reach appropriate resolution in many varied situations.
- Develops and provides challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, communicates progress toward career development and goals.
- Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project progress report
- Guide and mentor team members to deliver high quality design and code
- Lookout for latest server focused technology trends and standards
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance discussions of team members.
Exp and Skills Required:
- 3+ years of experience as a project lead in building multi-tier cloud applications/platform using Java/J2EE, Oracle and OO technologies
- Hands-on experience on using Java and related open source technologies for building enterprise class web applications
- Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies, start-up setup , quick prototyping and ability to define overall approach to drive project delivery
- Strong experience in dealing with performance, scalability, distributed caching, Web Services and open source technologies
- Experience with SaaS applications design, development, deployment and support in private/public cloud environment
- Working experience in an offshore product setup with distributed teams will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
- 2+ years of Project and people management experience using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Be process-compliant in performing assigned tasks and ensuring quality of project deliverables. Drive new process ideas in his/her work area
- Help build team and induction of new members. Own performance appraisal responsibilities for the team members under the guidance of supervisor/ People Success Team
- Ability to identify and successfully groom new leaders in technical area for handling higher level of responsibilities.
- BE or higher in computer science, engineering or relevant field
About CapitalCloud, A Bottomline Company:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.