Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Design at Venmo
Hi, we’re the Venmo Design team and we’re imagining the future of the digital wallet and financial services. We’re a verb and the way to send and spend with you friends, local shops and online. As a design team we love making things, so our days are spent with our heads together, pondering the right things to make and how they should work. We huddle with engineers, product managers, marketing and researchers, working closely together on projects from start to finish and turn ideas into beautiful, simple and lovable products that work well and convert. In the Covid era, we stay tight with daily team calls, crits and coffee hours. We prototype thoughtful stories and create pixel-perfect designs that bring it all together. We design separately and in small groups, teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We know we're never completely done. We ship, iterate and learn from our users.
What does it mean to be a Product Designer at Venmo?
To you, there's nothing more addictive than making things that matter and showing them to people. You like telling stories and it drives you nuts when the pixels don't come together to form a bigger picture with some meaning and feeling in between the lines. You’re fascinated by the social nuances and story behind the money of sending $$ between friends and connecting people to their local community of service providers and merchants. You know that the phone in your pocket is inevitably changing the gears of commerce. Your design thinking is mobile first. You love things outside of design and can teach us neat facts about them. You have a sense of humor.
- Drive collaboration and vision across the company to build alignment on priorities leading to product design and execution.
- Establish experience principles and make them manifest with beautiful, simple, fun mobile app experiences that meet and then exceed customer expectations.
- As a lead, you and the designers who work with you, will take projects from concept to launch with a clear-eyed view where you want to go, what you need to learn, and what you ship first. You set a high bar for craft, quality, and speed and inspire, share, and teach.
- You share your talents and inspiration with the team and drive adoption of new tools, ideas, and practices.
- You love and extend our design system and seek ways to make our product and design process better, simpler, and more fun.
- You set an example and create opportunities to foster collaboration across roles, living a “one team” value. You build influence across Venmo through your ideas, your collaboration, and your delivery.
- You help people discovery their strengths and grow in their career with feedback and advice, both within Venmo and beyond. You’re always open, honest, and constructive.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design working collaboratively with product, engineering, design, content, and user research teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality consumer experiences.
- Extensive experience developing native mobile apps.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Nice To Have
- Motion design and UI prototyping in ProtoPie, Principle, Origami, After Effects or Framer.
- You design apps that make people smile. Bonus points for financial, marketplace, and/or social experiences.
- A sense of humor (in fact, this is a requirement, now that we think about it).