San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Discord Research is growing! We are looking for an empathetic, mixed-methods all-star that can cut through ambiguity and deliver impactful results.
Ideally, you'll also help to: establish the Discord Research ethos, democratize research across the company, and enhance the voice of our users back at Discord HQ.
What you'll be doing
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research with a lot of impact
- Consult with non-researchers at Discord on best practices to allow them to complete their own work
- Contribute to best practices/processes for a healthy, lean research organization
- Work with teams to identify and evaluate research topics
- Work with international vendors to ensure our teams' research needs are met
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through a variety of deliverables — reports in text, slide decks, and over voice
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of UX research experience
- You have a: Bachelor's, Masters, or PhD in a human behavior related field (or equivalent/demonstrable work experience)
- You have deep knowledge of many UX research techniques, including the strengths and weaknesses of each
- You love working collaboratively with other researchers and partners, and bring out the best in them
- You solicit feedback on your own work and contribute to others' work
- You're comfortable perform all research-related cycle tasks — including requirements gathering, planning, recruiting participants, executing, analyzing, creating deliverables, forming solid product recommendations, and even following-up (!)
- You collaborate with partners and are comfortable being a strategic partner in product decisions
- You've conducted a fair number of remote studies
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.