Senior UX Designer
London, United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving UX/UI Designer or Product Designer based in London to join the team working on Causal AI. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
causaLens leads Causal AI research. Causality is a major step towards developing true AI. Our technology transforms organisations by autonomously discovering valuable insights that optimise business outcomes. Our flagship product, time-series prediction engine, goes beyond both traditional machine learning and AutoML. It has become the industry standard in the financial sector and is increasingly being used in a wide range of industries. causaLens is run by top scientists and engineers, 70% holding a PhD in a quantitative field. For more information visit www.causaLens.com or contact us on info@causaLens.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
causaLens in the News
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘Auto ML Platform Draws Interest from Discretionary Funds’ - machineByte
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association Awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
Roles and Responsibilities
This is a very exciting and strategic role for a smart and creative person with proven experience in UX and/or UI Product design. The successful applicant will help design bespoke AI applications for our customers, enabling them to make use of our powerful technology.
As a Product Designer, you’ll help us achieve that goal by designing products that bring AI to life and help our customers make more intelligent decisions for their organisations.
- Designing AI applications that tackle specific customer problems across a wide range of sectors, from Asset Management to the public sector and consumer businesses. These solutions will include dashboards, feature-rich B2B products, and data visualisations.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements and building page navigation buttons and search fields or contracting UI designers to do this
- Contributing ideas and wireframes to customer pitches and demos, and rapidly prototyping the vision for a proposed solution
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Communicating your design thinking through user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs (with varying levels of design fidelity), presenting alternatives and justifying design decisions where necessary, both to customers and to delivery teams.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a coding test, 2 screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer, ideally working with data or on business intelligence / AI-based applications.
- Knowledge and experience data visualisation.
- Experience in carrying out the end-to-end design process independently, with examples of activities that span across user research, UX, and/or UI, in a B2B setting,
- A portfolio showcasing a range of projects, with examples of your design process and artefacts you produced along the way.
- Examples of work where you have done discovery and research to understand a complex problem and then synthesized your findings to come up with design solutions.
- Knowledge of prototyping and design tools. We use Balsamiq, but are quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute all the good practices you’ve used before.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual / presentation communication skills.
In addition to the above, we’d love it if you had:
- Background in a quantitative discipline, like mathematics or computer science.
- Demonstrable interest in working on data science / AI applications.