Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Guest Engagement
San Francisco, United States
Posted 1 month ago
The Engagement Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As the Senior Growth Marketing Manager for Guest Engagement, you will play a critical role in managing Airbnb’s relationship with our guests. Your responsibilities include influencing the strategy, development, enhancement, and execution of lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns across email, push, onsite, and in-app notifications, focused on improving customer metrics like activation, engagement, retention & reactivation. You will be responsible for end-to-end execution, from crafting strategy, to capturing business requirements, to planning, delivery, and evaluation of performance against KPIs. You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Data Science, Brand, Merchandising and Creative to set and exceed aggressive growth targets. The ideal candidate will have a combination of email marketing experience, product management, and project management skills.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for developing, planning, and executing on strategies to drive Guest engagement and improve conversion, repeat rates, accountable for performance against KPIs
- Own & manage cross-channel data-driven automated triggered lifecycle and ad hoc email campaigns end-to-end
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Guest user experiences and related systems / tooling to deliver solutions & continuously improve execution
- Own project management and cross-functional campaign development workflow with partner & stakeholder teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Data Science, Creative)
- Conduct regular, extensive experimentation and in-depth user data analyses to facilitate rapid learning & application of any insights
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery requirements, including but not limited to: specifying required data, segmentation & targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all relevant CRM KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance
- Articulate and present strategy, progress, results and data analyses / learnings effectively to stakeholders and the wider business
- Support globalization and localization of Guest-facing campaigns
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence decision-making and planning
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of CRM experience in a consumer-facing, fast-paced ecommerce company. Product management experience is a big plus.
- An agile marketer who is comfortable with an evolving team structure, and willing and able to put on many hats
- Solid track record of successfully managing and executing large-scale, complex B2C email campaigns and cross-functional projects. Experience with top-tier ESP a plus.
- Deep understanding of CRM strategy and management, with strong interest in how it works “under the hood” (i.e. tracking, marketing tech stack, tooling)
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working directly with Production and Engineering teams to drive technical projects, with a solid understanding of information architecture
- Results-driven marketer with proven quantitative and analytical skills; should be extremely comfortable with Excel (functions, pivots, etc.) and reporting tools like Tableau. SQL skills a plus.
- Creative, methodical problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Eye for user flow & visual design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Passion for CRM and user engagement
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Undergraduate degree required