Product Design Manager, Driver Growth
San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a design manager to lead a team of product designers, providing direction and guidance of their team’s output, as well as stewarding best practices in cross-functional partnership and design process. This person will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy for Growth team initiatives, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. Design managers also provide design mentorship and be a champion for both craft and career development, as well as create the operational space and organizational cover to help their designers focus on executing their best work.
As a qualified candidate, you have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, innovate and impact the business. You have experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop web, and email, and you have a strong track record and a body of work that demonstrates clear wins to user and business impact, as well as the particulars in overall experience, visual polish, animations, and complex interactions.
You must be a proven leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-functional, cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and executives that care deeply about creating beautiful, high-impact products.
We’re intent on raising the bar with smart, delightful solutions that lock-in on user needs and tightly align with company priorities. We also want teammates that are passionate about technology, community, and finding better ways to bring people together.Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas. Be able to think “Blue Sky” and explore divergent concepts and create trajectory for the company
- Influence user lifecycle product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issues to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, web, and email
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
- Step change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams
- Background in product design (UX/UI), with a focus on mobile
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Strong growth mindset and passion for data driven impact
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge and applied experience in graphic design (layout, typography, color)
- Applied experience with design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Applied experience with prototyping tools: Framer, Principle, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects, Swift
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.