Junior Product Owner- Advertising
Posted 1 month ago
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Junior Product Owner (Advertising), to join our team in Cape Town. We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Product Owner for Advertising.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, scope and implement plans on the advertising product roadmap
- Ensure that product solutions and requirements meet business needs and are based on international best practices and trends
- Ensure that advertising solutions are integrated effectively within the Takealot departments
- Communicate all project requirements to all necessary stakeholders within the business unit and address any outstanding decisions required to implement the solutions
- Work closely with the implementing department’s project lead on execution
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with the project teams within the business unit to analyze any additional information needs related to functional requirements
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending team meetings and initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Obtain sign-off on the specifications from all stakeholders
- Put processes in place to maximize the value that can be obtained through advertising tools, including but not limited to, AdManager, DV360, Google Analytics and Data Studio
- Define and implement the identified short term advertising opportunities by utilizing tools that are readily available
- Ensure that all requirements are met during and post implementation of the project
- Build and maintain reports to measure the success of the implemented project
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Passion for understanding unique, ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Ability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and an appetite to learn by doing
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of delivering results, in a fast-paced environment
- Good technical understanding of software development processes
- Good business analysis skills - analytical and able to use data to make decisions
- Highly structured thinker with strong attention to detail
- Versatile, resourceful and able to work on varied tasks simultaneously
- Ability to verbalize, visualize and communicate outcomes or technical concepts in a clear, concise manner
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary degree (Computer Science/Informatics/Engineering/Digital Marketing) or similar degree
- The candidate should have between 2-3 years experience in business analysis, product management or a related field
- Advertising focused product management experience (experience in digital marketing is advantageous)
- Advertising tool experience, specifically with Google AdManager, DV360, Google Analytics, Data Studio and other ad manager/server platforms and reporting/targeting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience in an agile / iterative project management and development environment is a plus
- Experience in an e-commerce environment is a plus
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all. We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.