Senior Product Marketing Manager, Security and Privacy
Remote North America
Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Are you a shown product marketing professional in the data security market, and now looking for the chance to be a core member of the product team in the fastest growing data platform company in the world? Then look no further.
Revenue from the database market is forecast to expand from $68bn in 2020 to $106bn in 2024, making it one of the tech industry’s largest software segments. MongoDB is well positioned to capitalize on this growth. We were the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and our cloud business is growing at ~50% annually.
We are looking for a stellar product marketing candidate who will be a key member of an upbeat and globally distributed team that reports to the Senior Director of Database Product Marketing. In the role, you will be responsible for crafting compelling thought leadership themes, messages and GTM programs that position the value of the security and privacy preserving features of the database and our drivers.
You will show how MongoDB’s security and privacy features can help companies align with existing and emerging regulations, and how they can help companies accelerate their journeys to the cloud. Your work will serve a diverse audience – from developers, DBAs, and infosec professionals through to senior technical and business decision makers, and the press/analyst community.
You’ll work closely with the executive team to help craft the product's security and privacy vision, and with Product Management and Engineering to define the product roadmap.
- Content Creation – Develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates security capabilities into outstanding and relevant business benefits and value that resonate with diverse audiences. Exhibiting thought leadership and storytelling will be a key part of the role, especially in communicating how the products’ capabilities can protect an organization’s most valuable data assets and meet industry regulation
- Research and Develop – Analyze customer requirements, the evolving security and privacy landscape, and competitive offerings to identify key messages and points of MongoDB differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning
- Plan and Execute – Collaborate with our Marketing, DevRel, and Sales Enablement teams to build the strategic and tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of MongoDB security
- Evangelize – Engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles. Drive awareness and desire of MongoDB by presenting at industry conferences, and assuming the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community
- Define – Share market and user analysis with our Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams to help advise product strategy and roadmap
- return on investment – Evaluate the return on investment of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Company revenue performance against goals
- Database adoption and revenue performance through both on-premise deployments and cloud services
- Content effectiveness (sales adoption and win/loss metrics, SEO authority, product registrations and downloads, tracking usage metrics for security features, and favorable placement in independent market research)
- Shaping compelling product enhancements
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the data security market, especially in access control (authentication/auditing) and/or encryption. Ideally this experience has come from a product or solutions marketing role, though other roles and relevant experience will be considered
- You need to blend strong business and technical acumen, presented as thought leadership. You need a solid knowledge of data security and how it is relevant in a rapidly evolving market landscape, especially in emerging privacy and infosec regulations, cloud computing, and developer practices
- You need the ability to modulate content to speak to different internal and external audiences.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and with stories that our audiences can relate to, producing stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A very low ego-to-talent ratio
- BA/BS degree preferred, but relevant experience will be equally considered
- Preferred location North America or Europe
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.