Head of Brand and Product Marketing
Posted 1 month ago
Head of Brand & Product Marketing | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
The Head of Brand & Product Marketing will lead the brand and product marketing functions, including brand management, product marketing, creative for brand, product and performance marketing. You will be a key driver in the brand, product, acquisition, retention, cross sell and upsell messaging across the company. You will develop and oversee the Acorns brand, including product messaging, positioning, tone of voice, storytelling, and design, across all consumer touchpoints. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be a key member of the marketing leadership team and will consistently collaborate with the executive team. You will also have a significant role as a contributor to future product innovation for the company.
The ideal candidate is a consumer-driven marketer that is both a creative thinker and data-driven with a proven ability to develop and execute effective strategies and to build and lead high performing teams. You will bring classical brand marketing skills to the company, but are also comfortable working in a high-growth, a product-driven organization. You will have had experience owning a P&L across product lines and driving results across core company metrics. You will also demonstrate a strong understanding of the importance of building performance marketing channels through direct response media.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a consistent, dynamic brand identity including messaging and architecture across all products and platforms – this will include scalable approaches to managing the brands look, tone and feel.
- Act as our brand champion and ensure we deliver a compelling and consistent brand experience across all channels including acquisition, retention, cross sell and upsell strategies
- Strong creative background - owning the creative process from end-to-end (in-house or with agency partners)
- Develop and lead the go-to-market strategy across marketing channels, leveraging consumer insights to drive the brand and company strategy
- Recruit, hire, and lead a high-performance team
- Demonstrate persuasion skills necessary to achieve a high level of influence and forge partnerships, implement change, and explain and resolve complex issues
- 15 years of demonstrated success and subject matter expertise in brand strategy, brand marketing, creative, and campaign execution
- Experience working with consumer brands, direct to consumer brands or in consumer technology driven brands.
- Experience using market data to steer product planning and communication initiatives
- Strong writing acumen (storytelling, messaging, brand guidelines, copy)
- Heavy insight and analytics orientation; understands the value of a strong brand to business objectives
- Demonstrated unconventional, creative approaches to brand building
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way