Senior Experience Design Researcher
Posted 1 month ago
We’re looking for a talented Researcher to join our Product team in Helsinki, Finland. You will be working closely with our Product Managers, Designers, and Developers. If you have a passion to find insights to deliver an outstanding product experience to enterprise-level clients globally, you might be the one we’re looking for.
Who we are
We’re Happeo - a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to connect companies through the power of community-driven employee communication. The diverse team means an international environment of more than 30 nationalities in the company. We are proud to be named one of the hottest young scale-ups by The Next Web in 2019, and it is our dream to make work a happier place by bringing people together through a happy digital culture.
You are joining a Series A phase growth company – which means you’ll reap the glory of bringing us to the next stage and change the way the business world communicates. There is no complex hierarchy. You will be joining a company with highly skilled, smart people who enjoy achieving top results.
What you’ll do on a daily basis
- You’ll be the research champion of our Product Team. Together with our designers and PMs you will establish the needed tests and interviews and other research projects;
- You’ll facilitate user interviews & usability tests, and arrange them together with our Customer Success and Product Teams;
- You’ll create preliminary concepts, user flows, wireframes, and early prototypes, and define how those should be tested.
Is this the right job for you?
We don’t care about your previous prefixes, it may have been UX, IX, HX, CX, or any – the main thing is that you have a strong understanding to dig deeper into the data, and always keep the human behind the numbers in your mind:
- You master both qualitative and quantitative data and know which methods to use when discovering how to solve problems and measuring whether we’re on the right track;
- You have established and facilitated several user interviews & usability tests, and you know when and how to perform them;
- You are brave enough to speak out and correct if you see the design or development is not on the right track;
- Empathy should be one of your strongest assets, you need to jump in the shoes of any person using our product;
- You are good with people, from any age group or background;
- Facilitating Design Sprints or similar is a great addition, but not mandatory, you’ll learn;
- Grasping the phone or even walking to meet a customer is not an issue, to conduct an interview or testing session;
- You know the base principles of Experience Design and can produce user flows, wireframes, and early prototypes, and of course how to test them. UI & Visual design skills are not needed, you’ll have talented designers as your teammates and also a Design System to provide the hi-fi product components;
- Keep asking “Why” and focus on continuously improving the product;
- Are curious, and constantly want to learn and develop yourself in your career;
- Speak English fluently;
- Are a strong team player and have good communication skills;
- You are a strong team player and have good verbal communication skills;
- You live close to Helsinki or are willing to move (we will support your relocation if needed!).
What you’re getting
- A competitive salary;
- Healthcare benefit on top of your salary;
- A fun position without the stiffness of the corporate world;
- An office in the heart of Helsinki with smart and supportive colleagues;
- Flexibility in exchange for your responsibility;
- Freedom to pick your own tools and some other great benefits.
If you believe you’re the person we look for, please introduce yourself. We prefer a portfolio with a few detailed examples of your previous work rather than a list of everything you’ve done so far.