Head of Product
Remote - Estonia
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Drops could be the place for you.
Remote, permanent, full-time (40h/week) position
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning. Our app has been live on the App Store for 4 years, covering 42 languages, serving over 27 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has also been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many, many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread (mostly) across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! In December 2020, Drops was acquired by Kahoot!, the world’s leading game-based learning platform.
✨ What makes us different
- We’re a small team: we optimise for impact, not headcount.
- We carefully consider tradeoffs: Always reviewing product, technology and processes that could lead to increased complexity.
- We have a structured approach: Project management is key and we promote individual ownership.
- We don’t believe in hierarchy: Autonomy, ownership, trust and passion are the secret ingredients behind Drops’ success. Clear, honest communication is the linchpin of our culture.
- We’re big on AB testing.
- We are looking for a missionary, not a mercenary.
🦹♀️ 🦹♂️ Skills and experience You have:
- A wealth of history in Product Management (with leadership experience)
- Working with data and design to drive groundbreaking product additions
- Line management
- Spearheading Product roadmaps across a range of products
- Assessing and rolling out new tools and processes into the product department
- Passionate about cohesive and consistent design (on all platforms)
- Self organising and a superb communicator
- Experience working with a metrics focused approach to measuring success
- Comfortable working alone and autonomously in a remote environment
- Experience working closely with engineering and technical leadership
- Love strategy but also crave hands-on product (and project) management.
- Bonus points for experience in; Education sector, B2B, product marketing, UX/UI, user testing, language learning or gamification
The Macro/Micro breakdown:
Head of Product functions: (macro)
- Roadmapping, aligned to the wider company strategy
- Overseeing, reviewing and improving Product processes
- Backlog management and weekly planning cycles
- Product metrics reporting
Project management functions: (micro)
- Project preparation/research
- Project creation/writeup
- Project implementation and launch
- Measuring success in production
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 24 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations) - Once we can move freely of course