Director of Product Design
Posted 1 month ago
Our vision is to become your Online Shopping Companion, the place where South East Asia’s 600M people start their e-commerce journey. Where consumers discover the latest deals, compare prices and save money. With more than 6 billion offers on our platform, 100+ million unique shoppers last year, and a reputation as an independent authority when it comes to insights about the regional e-commerce sector, iPrice is at the center of South East Asia’s e-commerce revolution.
As we continue to outgrow the market, we are seeking to strengthen our leadership team with a dedicated resource focused on only one thing, bringing a joyful shopping experience to our users. We are looking for a passionate and analytical leader, experienced in the area of e-commerce and design to lead the agenda of our UI/UX research & design group. Not only for product, but across the whole organization, touching everything we do.
- Hire, inspire, train and lead a team of UX/UI researchers and designers; leading by example and continuously raising the bar
- Establish a research process and design guidelines fitted into a fast moving and agile / lean startup environment
- Transform iPrice’s more than 20 portals into fun & joyful shopping experiences, each with their own unique identity
- Nurture a data-driven culture where user metrics are closely tracked and changes are continuously evaluated against expected outcomes
- Institutionalize design thinking across different departments in the organization, from content over operations to account management and HR
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Art, Design, Multimedia or a closely related subject.
- At least 8 years of UX/UI design experience delivering on tight schedules in a company known for best-in-class products.
- Experienced in building and managing a product design team; this is not a position for a first-time manager.
- Immensely passionate about designing digital products that are simple, beautiful and incredibly useful.
- A broad toolkit of user centric design practices across mobile apps and websites
- Deep familiarity with the design thinking process a nd ability to apply it to areas other than product development.
- A true agile mindset which knows that driving behavioural changes are hard but unavoidable to become more agile.
- Fluent in English, excellent in verbal and written communication, strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Comprehensive healthcare including outpatient/in-patient benefits for you and your family
- Work permit / visa coverage for expatriates to work in Malaysia
- Team building activities including strategy weekends; team getaways and departmental activities
- Extra perks including claimable grab rides; dinner if you're in the office past 7 pm; stocked pantry; subsidised vending machine, beers and snacks every Friday and plenty of iPrice events