Remote within North America
Moz is looking for a Product Analyst who is a highly organized analytical thinker and who is passionate about identifying product/customer insights and trends using analytics. You seek to socialize and amplify your findings in partnership with Product Managers to resolve the most difficult problems facing our customers.
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for candidates in the USA.
What You’ll Do:
- Build an understanding of methods and approaches for data driven decision making within our product organization.
- Creating and maintaining a roadmap for analytic improvements.
- Evolve and maintain a backlog of product event tracking improvements.
- Enhance the existing product metrics suite at Moz with additional insightful findings.
- Create repeatable analytic deliverables which tell a compelling story around our customers interactions with our products.
- Build analytical models that pull out unique insights from data on how our customers use our products.
- Assist Product Managers and Marketers as they assess product performance.
- Monitor product, financial, and user metrics for trends, changes, and unexpected behavior.
- Design, structure, and monitor A/B testing within our SaaS products.
- Suggest new business and product opportunities based on data insights.
- Communicate findings to Product Managers and Executives to inform product & product marketing strategy.
- Work as a member in the larger BI/Data Science team to ensure consistency across all areas of reporting.
Experience We Want to See
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills; able to define stakeholder requests into projects and navigate between multiple projects, meet deadlines, and process ad hoc report requests from Product Managers, Leadership, and Engineering as needed.
- Several years of experience doing product and business analytics for large scale datasets. This is not an entry level role, we need someone who has paid industry experience.
- Experience with Self-Service SaaS product funnel analysis, descriptive statistics, and A/B testing approaches.
- 2+ years writing SQL.
- Expertise in creating reports & write-ups of your findings, and the presentation skills to share them in a coherent format with multiple stakeholders.
Nice to have
- Experience with versioning tools (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services tools and technologies.
- Familiarity with one or more common programming languages (R, Python, SAS) and the willingness and ability to learn new languages and tools as needed.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.