Sr. Manager UX - Creator
Posted 1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch's community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As the User Experience Director for Creator, you will manage the care and development of an outstanding team kind designers. You will report to the VP of UX Design, and work with partners to develop and broadcast a customer experience vision that aligns goals of the Creator organization with the problems, desires, and needs of the streamers who make Twitch possible.
We are looking for someone that is ready to tackle hard problems and hold onto and center customers in all of their teams work. User Experience Directors at Twitch are crucial contributors to their partner teams' product strategy, and a non-stop advocate for their team(s). You will do hands-on research and collaborate with engineers and machine learning experts. If you are an advocate for designing for humans and passionate about drawing out the best in your team, you will find many rewarding challenges in this role.
The Creator team is a tireless champion for streamers in their quest to grow their communities, sustain their occupation, and find inspiration to improve their stream. We are building tools to make it possible for anyone with the passion and patience to create a comfortable and welcoming stream so that they on their community and not their technical skills. We are looking for ways to help streamers improve their stream with insights about behavioral changes they can make to grow their community or increase their income. Finally, we are changing the processes and tools for streamers to manage their community when they aren't live so that their occupation doesn't fill every hour of their day. As part of this team you will define the future of the customer experience for a key pillar of the Twitch strategy.
- Manage a team of dedicated and experienced User Experience Designers
- Partner with the research team to uncover the intricacies of the customer experience for your products
- Develop a clear, objective design vision for the Creator products together with product and engineering partners
- Educate the User Experience Design organization on your customers experiences, needs, and problems
- Advocate for resources, organizational change, and anything else that might prevent Twitch from meeting our customers expectations
- Contribute to or instigate development of cross-team projects that impact portions of the customer experience.
- Establish and champion customer research for your team to improve customer understanding and problem definition
- 5+ years working in user experience design including consumer products
- 2+ years managing user experience designers
- You are steadfast in encouraging a safe work environment for a diverse group of designers
- You will hold your team to a high standard while maintaining their autonomy to learn and explore
- You understand that intersections and overlaps between teams creates opportunity to collaborate and learn
- You will find opportunities not just to direct but to educate and teach the people around you so that they
- Experience as a second-level manager of designers
- Advocated for design and user experience at the highest levels of a mid-size or larger consumer business
- Developed a design vision or executed complex design solutions for a multi-sided marketplace
- Understand front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Expertise with Figma and Principle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.