Product Manager-Technical, Alexa AI
Medford, Massachusetts, USA
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
The Alexa Data Services (ADS) team is part of Alexa’s Machine Learning Platform organization that enables Alexa to scale its Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities through high quality labeled data. ADS have a world-wide network of contributors who help scientists to build machine learning models, such as Auto Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU) that power Alexa for a wide range of languages and functionalities.
This Product Manager - Tech position is a newly created role to build world class systems for ADS teams. This role will be responsible for building scalable and reliable quality measurement system for ADS. They will innovate with science and software teams to build automated mechanisms to effectively measure and improve ADS data labeling.
· Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· 7+ years of professional experience of consumer facing software product management experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
· Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
· Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
· Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
· 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in communications related products (e.g. IP messaging, voice, and video).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Experience with developer evangelism.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: Architecture Engineering Product management Research User stories
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0