Product Designer - Investor Experience
The Product Design team at Addepar is looking for a product designer with strong visual design skills to join our team in building compelling, intuitive, best-in-class user experiences.
As a Product Designer focusing on our dashboard and investor experience, you will be primarily working on two major product areas that help our users see and understand data with confidence:
- Our customizable, responsive web client portal and mobile apps that provide investors access to their financial information anytime and anywhere and enable financial advisors to tell their story and communicate with their clients digitally.
- Our advisor dashboards that provide actionable insights on portfolio and client health so financial advisors and investment professionals can make informed decisions and take targeted, timely action.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, content strategists, and other cross-functional stakeholders through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out elegant, delightful, and cohesive product experience for our users.
- Lead all design aspects of a project from start to finish and provide high quality visuals, prototype, and other deliverables that effectively communicate design concepts and details.
- Elevate Addepar’s product experience through outstanding displays of data visualization and interaction design.
- Contribute to the expansion, evolution, and adoption of the Addepar Product Language design system.
- Participate in and/or conduct user research to better understand user needs to inform design strategy.
- Be an advocate for the users and exceptional experiences; influence product decisions, prioritization, strategies, and roadmaps with user-centered mindset.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team, focus on achieving business outcomes, and push for continuous process improvements to consistently deliver value to our clients.
- Seek out and embrace feedback from your peers and stakeholders while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Requirements & Skills
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, User Experience Design, or UI Design.
- A portfolio showcasing solid user-centered design practice, interaction and visual design craftsmanship, and prototyping skills that result in usable, useful, and delightful web and mobile product experience.
- Expert in user interface design patterns, visual design principles, and best practices for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Ability to translate complex sets of requirements into elegant and scalable design solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- A self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience building or contributing to design systems.
- Experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required but a huge plus.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.